PDA

View Full Version : ARK Server Configurations

KromMonkey
07-02-15, 08:00 PM
Have a suggestion on how the server should be configured? Then put it here.

Current Adjustments (as of 10/07/15)

- Night Cycle is 25% quicker than default
- Taming speed increased by 3 times
- XP Modifier 2x
- Difficulty set to 4 (range is 0-4)
- Harvest Health Multiplier set to 1.50 (default is 1)
- Harvest Amount Multiplier set to 1.50 (default is 1)
- Third person enabled
- Proximity Chat Enabled/ Global off
- Show Player Location on Map Enabled
- Server auto save reduced from default 15 minutes to 5 minutes
- Disabled Tribute downloads for Dino's and items, player downloads allowed.
- Structure Decay Enabled for PVP
- Spawn Radius 100m
- Resource respawn rate 1.5 hours

KromMonkey
07-02-15, 08:03 PM
Crosshairs, anyone want them?
Speed up the night cycle a bit? I kind of like the idea.

Here is a link to the list of possibilities. Server Configuration Options and Console Commands - Official ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki (http://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration_Options_and_Console_Commands)

Wumbologist
07-02-15, 10:47 PM
I don'd mind those.
What I suggest is buff up the difficulty and increase harvest amount multiplier.

CivilWars
07-03-15, 11:36 AM
I am ok with crosshairs, and shorter night cycle.

Option hunter
07-03-15, 05:03 PM
I don't see an option to make raptors less trolly dickbags...

JBMCW2010
07-04-15, 12:49 PM
Is there an option to limit PVP to let's say 5pm-11pm Central so people can't dick with stuff during the work day? Pretty demoralizing when you come back and find your shit is gone day after day.

KromMonkey
07-04-15, 01:20 PM
Is there an option to limit PVP to let's say 5pm-11pm Central so people can't dick with stuff during the work day? Pretty demoralizing when you come back and find your shit is gone day after day.

I do not believe there is. My answer to your problem is to move locations. We had the same thing occur to us and we relocated.

Kanati
07-05-15, 11:46 PM
That's the problem with persistent world survival games across the board.

KromMonkey
07-09-15, 07:05 PM
Server was updated, now go play

KromMonkey
07-12-15, 07:28 PM
Adjusted server difficulty to 1 (3x higher than default). Hearing reports of 90+ level dino's out there.

CivilWars
08-06-15, 06:08 PM
Any interest in reducing tame time? Some people don't have 2-4 hours to babysit a sleeping dino.

SpecOpsScott
08-06-15, 07:33 PM
Any interest in reducing tame time? Some people don't have 2-4 hours to babysit a sleeping dino.

Id support this.

KromMonkey
08-06-15, 08:44 PM

I know somebody who can make that adjustment. We can make a small 20% reduction and see how that works?

CivilWars
08-06-15, 10:05 PM
That should be a good start.

Demonofspeed07
08-07-15, 02:14 AM
Me and my group support this. The popular setting is 3x but I think we should do like Krom says and tweak it a bit at a time.

CivilWars
08-07-15, 11:18 AM
Yeah, our guys proposed 1.5 or 2, but we can do it in smaller increments to find the sweet spot.

CivilWars
08-07-15, 01:04 PM
Is it set to 1.2 yet?

Demonofspeed07
08-07-15, 04:01 PM
I definitely think we should change the server name to reflect our settings and stuff...

weeeeems
08-07-15, 05:46 PM
What is difficulty set to? I think up at 3-4 with a 2x tame would be good. Daily patching would be good too ;)

Some motd server principles against griefing and offline raiding would be cool too if possible. MOTD might be a good place to put server settings too.

KromMonkey
08-07-15, 08:48 PM
Difficulty setting bumped to 4.0 from 3.0 and Taming Multiplier increased to 1.50 from 1.0. These changes will not take effect until the server restarts. Please provide feedback on the adjustments,

SpecOpsScott
08-08-15, 12:42 PM
Taming still taking for ever.. Over an hour now on a level 8 Argi.

CivilWars
08-08-15, 12:52 PM
My guys would be ok with 2x for sure. Also what about crosshairs?

Demonofspeed07
08-08-15, 12:55 PM
Spent from 1215 to 215am last night taming a trike. I don't know about cross hairs...

KromMonkey
08-08-15, 02:21 PM
adjusted taming to 2.5 (take effect at next restart, crosshairs I dont see a lot of need for.

Demonofspeed07
08-08-15, 03:20 PM
What about putting some info in the name and the start up message saying something about out TS server?

KromMonkey
08-09-15, 01:09 PM
Current Adjustments (as of 08/09/15)

- Taming speed increased by 1.5 times
- Harvest Health Multiplier set to 1.25 (default is 1)
- Harvest Amount Multiplier set to 1.25 (default is 1)
- Third person enabled

KromMonkey
08-09-15, 01:10 PM
What about putting some info in the name and the start up message saying something about out TS server?

MOTD updated

Demonofspeed07
08-09-15, 11:50 PM
You're my hero Krom!

weeeeems
08-10-15, 07:52 AM
Thanks Krom, played for about 8 hours yesterday and the QoL increase from these settings is great :) Finally dinos are accessible without crazy long tames, even the new sexy high level ones :)

I am a little concerned about the number of alpha raptors spawning near our base though! I think there were 3 within a few hundred metres in different directions yesterday... not sure what we can do about that! Need to tame some trexes I guess!

Weeeeems

KromMonkey
08-30-15, 02:08 PM
Server Updated to 205.0

-Patch Notes- Current (v205.0) & Upcoming :: ARK: Survival Evolved General Discussions (http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/)

maximusboomus
08-31-15, 07:02 PM
Its fun although allot of things are getting tedious... Maybe we could push it a little further? Just suggestions:

- Taming speed increased by 4 times
- Harvest Health Multiplier set to 2 (default is 1)
- Harvest Amount Multiplier set to 2 (default is 1)
- Third person enabled

I think this would allow for more exploration, more potential for some dino battles, and more importantly, more fun :)

Warprosper
08-31-15, 09:06 PM
Its fun although allot of things are getting tedious... Maybe we could push it a little further? Just suggestions:

- Third person enabled

I think this would allow for more exploration, more potential for some dino battles, and more importantly, more fun :)

Player location on the map will absolutely kill the server. All it takes is one jackass.

KromMonkey
08-31-15, 09:11 PM
Player location on the map will absolutely kill the server. All it takes is one jackass.

Its already enabled, it shows YOU where you are at on the map and noone else.

Warprosper
08-31-15, 09:12 PM
Its already enabled, it shows YOU where you are at on the map and noone else.

Ah, I misunderstood. I though he was referring to other players seeing.

KromMonkey
08-31-15, 09:17 PM
So to remove the things you dont want to change leaves us these.

I dont tame so I dont have a personal opinion one way or the other. However....increasing the rate of tame decreases the value of dino that you acquire. (i.e. who cares if your bird gets killed as you can quickly tame another in 30 minutes). I would like to hear from those that have been playing this for a while.

As for the harvest speed/volume. I bumped it from 1.25 to 1.50 a day or two ago and as much as I would love to walk up to a rock and go BAMMM, 100 iron ore, it detracts from the overall play. Its easy mode with high level Dinosaurs. Now I might change my mind if the server began to fill and PVP reigned supreme so lets hear from those who have been playing.

Allane
08-31-15, 10:22 PM
I think we're fine as it is. Dino tame times seem reasonable, if not slightly too long (maybe 3x, from the 2.5x it is now?). Resource gathering should stay as it is, given how well Dinos fill gathering roles.

SpecOpsScott
08-31-15, 11:03 PM
I like the current settings and wouldn't want them any easier. Taming can still be a pain in the ass, adding value to your dinos, and harvesting is still a grind, unless you utilize your dinos and topography to your advantage. We are starting to see some PvP, but are retaining the survival aspect of it. If we kick it into full on easy mode, it will just be wasteland with dinos.

CivilWars
08-31-15, 11:26 PM
Our group has 2-3 hard core players and then 4-5 others who are casual. Even with those low numbers we have most everything we want/need. I am fine with things where they are personally.

KromMonkey
09-03-15, 09:36 PM
Configs updated in OP. Turned on structure decay.

BuddyLee.
09-04-15, 10:11 AM
I find gathering far to easy now that I have the right Dino or tools. But then again im more of a hardcore player. Taming is at a good spot. Besides that I can't get enough of this game. My only other worry are someone's tamed invicible high level trex's.

BL

Whiskey_Tempest
09-04-15, 11:35 AM
- Taming speed 1x or default. Too many top tier dinos being treated like pack animals.
- Difficulty set to 4 and continuously increased to the maximum possible setting as the devs make adjustments.
- Harvest Health Multiplier set to 1.
- Harvest Amount Multiplier set to 1
- Third person enabled
- Proximity Chat Enabled/ Global On

BuddyLee.
10-07-15, 12:09 PM
Anyway we could update this to reflect the current setting. Including the adjusted resource spawn distance and rates.

Maybe a sticky too.

BL

Demonofspeed07
10-07-15, 12:26 PM
In my opinion we need to stop changing the settings and making it easier. I want a challenge. I've seen some of the youtuber guys servers and what they do and that just makes me not want to play. Just my two pennies.

Warprosper
10-07-15, 01:12 PM
In my opinion we need to stop changing the settings and making it easier. I want a challenge. I've seen some of the youtuber guys servers and what they do and that just makes me not want to play. Just my two pennies.

The only major difference from the original config is the xp multiplyer. It was at 1, it's now at 2.
The tame rate was 2.5, now it's 3. Very small increase.

The smaller changes are the resource spawn range from bases. This change was made so you can make a base and not have it become a huge open field with a matter of minutes.
The resource respawn rate has changed to reflect the above change. We can increase this rate if needed.

Overall, other than the XP multiplier, things are mostly the same.

Warprosper
10-07-15, 01:13 PM
Anyway we could update this to reflect the current setting. Including the adjusted resource spawn distance and rates.

Maybe a sticky too.

BL

Updated and stuck.

kimchi
11-10-15, 07:29 PM
Have a suggestion on how the server should be configured? Then put it here.

Current Adjustments (as of 10/07/15)

- Taming speed increased by 3 times
- XP Modifier 2x
- Harvest Health Multiplier set to 1.50 (default is 1)
- Harvest Amount Multiplier set to 1.50 (default is 1)
- Third person enabled
- Structure Decay Enabled for PVP
- Spawn Radius 100m
- Resource respawn rate 1.5 hours

Hello, is there a possibility to get a full list of the server configuration? Your server has inspired me to make something similar, but EU-based. Probably rent one from a server hosting service of sorts.

These settings above, only account for some of the settings, afaik. Just looking through the settings via the ingame hosting revealed many more ( Screenshot of ingame settings (http://puu.sh/lh2lv/51ef2ddb47.jpg) )
I'd be very happy if I could take part of the rest of it if you would allow so :).
Thank you!

*Edit
Just added a few things to post.

Warprosper
11-10-15, 07:43 PM
Hello, is there a possibility to get a full list of the server configuration? Your server has inspired me to make something similar, but EU-based. Probably rent one from a server hosting service of sorts.

These settings above, only account for some of the settings, afaik. Just looking through the settings via the ingame hosting revealed many more ( Screenshot of ingame settings (http://puu.sh/lh2lv/51ef2ddb47.jpg) )
I'd be very happy if I could take part of the rest of it if you would allow so :).
Thank you!

*Edit
Just added a few things to post.

The only additions to the ones above are whether or not you can download players/items/or dinos. Everything else is defaulted.

kimchi
11-10-15, 07:50 PM
Thank you for your reply, Warprosper! Wish your community was extended to Europe.

EDIT: I'm probably gonna co-host this with a friend. I was simply contemplating whether it would actually be possible to extend the community to a EU-hosted server. As in, if the server, my friend and I, are going to host could somehow be affiliated with TPG. And if so, utilize its forum.

If not, that would be 100% understandable since we have no one to vouch for us but Cabb(rillo, the Norwegian fisherman).

Haven't spoken this through with my friend yet, just throwing thoughts out there. Not even sure if the hosting company let us name it whatever we want either.

Peace

Warprosper
11-10-15, 08:02 PM
Thank you for your reply, Warprosper! Wish your community was extended to Europe.

EDIT: I'm probably gonna co-host this with a friend. I was simply contemplating whether it would actually be possible to extend the community to a EU-hosted server. As in, if the server, my friend and I, are going to host could somehow be affiliated with TPG. And if so, utilize its forum.

If not, that would be 100% understandable since we have no one to vouch for us but Cabb(rillo, the Norwegian fisherman).

Haven't spoken this through with my friend yet, just throwing thoughts out there. Not even sure if the hosting company let us name it whatever we want either.

Peace

I'll bring it up with the other admins and will let you know in the next couple days if that's okay with you.

Thanks,
War

kimchi
11-10-15, 08:04 PM
No rush at all. It was also a way to show respect towards your community as well as your ability to, with great taste, select server settings :)

Cheers

CivilWars
11-10-15, 08:25 PM
The server is online 24/7, so why not just get your friends to play here?

BuddyLee.
11-08-16, 08:13 AM
An update was released overnight 250.

BL

CivilWars
11-08-16, 09:16 AM
Server is updated, and auto-updates turned back on. Not sure how it got turned off.