PDA

View Full Version : Sooooooo

KromMonkey
07-30-15, 09:52 PM
The server has been up a month or so and though we started out with a good # of folks the traffic is a bit lacking. We do have a good # of regulars that play ALL the time but we are not seeing new faces. One person suggested doing a wipe and posting that in the server name in hopes of bringing in people wanting a clean box.

I can side either way so I am of no help :meaw:. So what is everyone's thought (those who actually play on the server)?

CivilWars
07-31-15, 12:23 AM
I had about 8 or so guys who played pretty much every night. All of us quit because we got burned out spending time to build only to have it all destroyed while we were sleeping/working. I understand that is the way things work in a persistent survival game, so not complaining, just stating why we aren't on.

BrockSamson
08-03-15, 08:58 AM
I actually just came back to the forums because I finally decided to try the game out and wanted to play on a good server.

KromMonkey
08-03-15, 08:49 PM
I had about 8 or so guys who played pretty much every night. All of us quit because we got burned out spending time to build only to have it all destroyed while we were sleeping/working. I understand that is the way things work in a persistent survival game, so not complaining, just stating why we aren't on.

Well, you guys should come back and play. The island is huge and I am going to guess that you, like a lot of us, set up right on the east coast. The game has had a ton of updates the past few weeks and those that are on are for the most part friendly though Whiskey's knickers get bunched up from time to time and he goes on a killing spree.

I hear that they may be introducing biomes at some point which may be the time we look to reset things (oh, and we can reset the map and players separately if we wanted)

KromMonkey
08-03-15, 08:50 PM
I actually just came back to the forums because I finally decided to try the game out and wanted to play on a good server.

Well get your butt on the server and ping us when your on. We'll help you get set up, Scott is known for bringing in strays from time to time.

BrockSamson
08-04-15, 11:37 AM
I will hop on tonight. I will also hit TS and see if anyone is on.

BrockSamson
08-04-15, 10:04 PM
I am really surprised how good the game is. Thanks for all the help getting started!

BuddyLee.
08-14-15, 01:51 PM
I am really surprised how good the game is. Thanks for all the help getting started!

I've only scratched the surface and totally agree. I thought I was hot shit and moved inland then a couple flying insects killed me.

BL

CivilWars
08-14-15, 03:12 PM
FYI, 5 or 6 of my guys are back, and we also brought in another friend and his tribe that was playing on another server. Without griefers this game is pretty fun, but I would approve of another bump in taming multiplier, lol.

KromMonkey
08-14-15, 08:19 PM
but I would approve of another bump in taming multiplier, lol.

Would you like me to just spawn you in pre-tamed dinos instead?

Kanati
08-14-15, 09:07 PM
Of course he would

Kanati
08-14-15, 09:09 PM

Guyver
08-14-15, 09:23 PM
Balki is a freemason anyway...kill him with fire!! D: I still love that show, though.

CivilWars
08-15-15, 01:10 AM
Would you like me to just spawn you in pre-tamed dinos instead?
Actually, with kibble it isn't so bad, but sure. :P

weeeeems
08-17-15, 12:01 PM
The server settings are pretty good where they are I think! Herbivore tames are still a bitch but if it wasn't worth it we wouldn't be taming them.

The server seems to be getting a little more active, was thinking maybe we should hold an event of some sort to bring everyone together? Dodo fighting ring anyone? Entry fee perhaps a high end blueprint, winner takes all :)

Weeeeems

Carbonblk46
08-17-15, 01:50 PM
Sooooo how about a restart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weeeeems
08-18-15, 10:08 PM
I dont think the server needs it tbh. We'll tear down our old base soon to avoid littering and there seems to be a growing player count

BrockSamson
08-18-15, 10:27 PM
Looks like we hit 16 people tonight. Nice.

weeeeems
08-20-15, 03:00 PM
So... I tore down our old base so that stuff would spawn there again but something kinda weird happened...

http://i.imgur.com/DaBVeP4.jpg

BrockSamson
08-20-15, 03:03 PM
Ha! haha. Very weird. I bet after a server reset it comes crashing down.

SpecOpsScott
08-20-15, 04:11 PM
Indeed. I flew through there last night and the tower was certainly gone, as well as the old rocks and trees had spawned in again. Thank you for doing that BTW.

Actually, not a bad idea to ask everybody that has abandoned locations to clean them up if possible.

Demonofspeed07
08-23-15, 07:04 PM
It gives some stuff back so it's a good incentive. I know all too well about cluttered servers like on rust and RoK.

BrockSamson
08-24-15, 08:24 AM
Yeah, I should clean up my two old bases. One is ugly, the other was great but decided to move more inland with Cabb. I will clean up this week.

KromMonkey
08-24-15, 05:35 PM
me thinks decay should be enabled soon. I feel for those that have HUUUUGE bases

BrockSamson
08-25-15, 12:07 PM
Krom can you explain decay?

From what I read it meant that if you weren't within the area of your base for a long period of time (a matter of days) it would start to decay. From the dev in a forum:

Structure decay will exist in PvE. It is currently disabled in PvP but we may re-enable it later. Basically, if the structure has been inactive for a long time, it'll gradually lose health. Simply being around the structure, on your team, will prevent that from happening, or you can repair it when you return. Seems unnecessary on PvP where it is likely players will take a special glee in destroying structures they find scattered throughout the world.

KromMonkey
08-25-15, 01:19 PM
Sounds like you already have it explained. By default decay is turned off for PVP only servers, however, it is possible to enable decay for PVPVE.

BrockSamson
08-25-15, 01:30 PM
Okay, I was worried decay changed in that if even you were around your base there would be constant maintenance.

Decay will be good to get rid of all the abandoned bases.