PDA

View Full Version : Another hypocrite.......

hawgballs
05-18-10, 02:46 PM
Another "Family Values" guy.......

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/18/AR2010051803059.html

Indiana congressman Mark Souder (R) decided to resign his seat after anonymous tipsters began calling aides in his office and his opponents in a Republican primary, claiming he was having an affair with a part-time staffer, according to three sources familiar with the calls.

Last week, after he won the primary, Souder admitted the allegations to his chief of staff, Renee Howell, who confronted the conservative Christian congressman about the rumors that he was having an extra-marital affair with Tracey Meadows Jackson, according to a source in the office. Six days later, on Tuesday morning, Souder publicly admitted the affair -- without naming the longtime staffer -- and said he would resign effective Friday.

The affair began after Jackson was hired in a part-time role in 2004, according to a source knowledgeable about the relationship. Jackson, who is married, was hired to play guest host with Souder for a daily radio spot he recorded for WFCV, a Christian radio station in Ft. Wayne. The spots were taped once a week and aired daily. Jackson played host, asking Souder questions about what he was working on in Washington for his constituents.

"It is with great regret I announce that I am resigning from the U.S. House of Representatives as well as resigning as the Republican nominee for Congress in this fall's election," Souder said in a statement Tuesday. "I sinned against God, my wife and my family by having a mutual relationship with a part time member of my staff... I am so shamed to have hurt those I love."

Jackson was also hired to play host for a local cable access show Souder had at one point. The show served as a platform for Souder to discuss conservative issues dear to him. Jackson has also helped produce numerous videos of Souder's speeches and positions, including one in which they discussed his strong support for teen abstinence.

Less than a week before the Republican primary election, anonymous callers phoned some of the Republican candidates running against Souder, with allegations that he was regularly meeting a girlfriend for romantic trysts in state parks. One alleged that he and a staffer went together late at night to the remote and heavily-forested Robinson Lake boat launch in Whitley County. But the opponents questioned the reliability of the information, and did not make a public issue of the claims.

As of Tuesday, Souder and his wife, Diane Zimmer Souder, remained together, according to one knowledgeable source. Souder and his wife have three grown children -- two sons and a daughter -- and two grandchildren.

The public revelations about Souder come two weeks after he survived a serious primary challenge from car dealer Bob Thomas, who spent considerable sums of his own money on the race. Souder won the primary with less than 50 percent of the vote. Thomas and another candidates trailed far behind.

Nate Bullock, a Thomas spokesman, said Thomas considers this a sad episode, but ultimately a personal matter for Souder to handle without politics. "It's inappropriate to comment at this time," Bullock said. "We are not going to make political hay by jumping on some family's troubles or demise. "

How Souder will be replaced on the ballot remains to be seen. State law allows Gov. Mitch Daniels (R) wide leeway in whether or not to call a special election and in the immediate aftermath of the resignation Republicans said it was unlikely there would be any vote before November.

Within 30 days of the Souder vacancy -- and he has said he will resign officially on Friday -- the precinct chairmen and women of the counties in his district must gather to select a replacement. One named being bandied about is state Sen. Marlin Stutzman who ran unsuccessfully for Senate earlier this month.

Souder joins a succession of Members of Congress embroiled in sex scandals in recent years, including Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.), Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.) and Sen. David Vitter (R-La.). Massa resigned, while Ensign and Vitter are still serving in the Senate.

Souder was elected in the GOP wave election of 1994. He represents the Fort Wayne area in northeast Indiana.

Democrats this month nominated Tom Hayhurst. Hayhurst, a repeat candidate, held Souder to 54 percent of the vote in their 2006 matchup.

Thorsen
05-18-10, 03:52 PM
And thus continues the great soap opera of American politics.

Toker
05-18-10, 03:57 PM

...and French...and Spanish....and ____________.....

Thorsen
05-18-10, 03:58 PM

Well, my point was that Americans seem to love to gossip and get "fake angry" about our politician's sex scandals and shit. That might be the case elsewhere, but I'm American so I donno.

Fovezer
05-18-10, 04:03 PM
There seems to be a new "family values" conservative Republican getting caught doing shit like this every week. :D I officially assume that every Republican or conservative that preaches "family values" or is anti-gay is having an affair or gay themselves. Much easier that way!

Kraker Jak
05-18-10, 04:05 PM
There seems to be a new "family values" conservative Republican getting caught doing shit like this every week. :D I officially assume that every Republican or conservative that preaches "family values" or is anti-gay is having an affair or gay themselves. Much easier that way!

Well same with the dems...Everyone that preaches give to the poor, and spread the wealth..usually doesnt donate a dime :) It's politics...If it made sense...we wouldnt need people like bush and obama :)

hawgballs
05-18-10, 04:06 PM

Well, my point was that Americans seem to love to gossip and get "fake angry" about our politician's sex scandals and shit. That might be the case elsewhere, but I'm American so I donno.
Hey I understand that we are all human, and not perfect. But I am not "fake angry" because this guy stuck his cock in another receptacle other than his wife. I could care less. But this guy and a few other before him that ran on being more morally astute than his liberal counterparts and it should be pointed out when they prove themselves to be the hypocrites that they are.

I am "truly angry" at the hypocrisy of yet another moral crusader that had no problem trying to legislate morality, forcing it on others. When he couldn't exemplify that which he forced onto others.

hawgballs
05-18-10, 04:08 PM

Well same with the dems...Everyone that preaches give to the poor, and spread the wealth..usually doesnt donate a dime :)Except for the fact that you can't back that statement up...... whereas there are quite a few stories about the moral crusaders falling off of their high horses.

Consultant
05-18-10, 04:19 PM
Another imperfect human.

SapiensErus
05-18-10, 04:32 PM

Well same with the dems...Everyone that preaches give to the poor, and spread the wealth..usually doesnt donate a dime :) Except for the fact that you can't back that statement up...... whereas there are quite a few stories about the moral crusaders falling off of their high horses.

Agreed with the choir on this point; both sides have scandals, but why are these family-values types getting busted so much more often? Hmmm... At least this guy was not soliciting gay sex in a public restroom.

bust331
05-18-10, 04:51 PM
Indiana fuck yeah!

CivilWars
05-18-10, 05:03 PM
The Kennedy family alone had enough scandal for 2? years of Rep transgressions. ;)

Walkerxes
05-18-10, 05:05 PM

^ this.

cept they probably don't care about sex scandals... might even applaud their politicians for scoring with a girl on the side ;)

CivilWars
05-18-10, 05:06 PM
*20, damn phone

w4jchosen
05-18-10, 05:13 PM

Well same with the dems...Everyone that preaches give to the poor, and spread the wealth..usually doesnt donate a dime :) Except for the fact that you can't back that statement up...... whereas there are quite a few stories about the moral crusaders falling off of their high horses.

Agreed with the choir on this point; both sides have scandals, but why are these family-values types getting busted so much more often? Hmmm... At least this guy was not soliciting gay sex in a public restroom.

Maybe 'cause people are looking harder.

619summon
05-18-10, 05:30 PM
Another imperfect human.

who was trying to come off as a prefect christian.

BruceBloodMaster
05-18-10, 07:00 PM
I find more and more everyday that there is a severe Lack of Moral fortitude or Honor among politicians on Both sides of the fence !