Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TF2 Hit Sounds stop working; Sound Drops

Re: TF2 Hit Sounds stop working; Sound Drops

I just noticed that x-fi has new drivers out as of Jun, 2010; FYI all you peeps with x-fi's. I've installed them we'll see if there is a difference with this problem now.

Although I still have to start TF2 (can't join from servers tab) then join the game to get hit sound working,I seem to have fixed the problem dropping out from level change to level change by deleting all other instances of the wave except in the sound folder. Maybe having the wav in the ui folder (as I did) conflicted or something. Good thing I figured this out as I was about to buy a new sound card and they weren't cheap to get something better than my x-fi gamer which I'm fine with. Either way, I think it's evident this is a game problem and not a hardware issue/incompatibility on my end.

Cheers and happy Qbeeping!

edit: darn, I was wrong. The sound drops from level to level still and drops if I change my sound config (to headphones for example._). What's weird Is I didn't have any trouble with this on a different server (than tpg) earlier today...Hopefully this is something valve will fix, as I still think it's on their end.
    Last edited by Oozish; 06-24-10 at 12:35 AM. Reason: problem back

I was going to suggest the sound config thing. I set my X-Fi to 5.1 because music sounds better in my headphones. However in game I notice some dropped sounds. Really only in BF2 and BFBC2. Been playing TF2 for a few days and have not noted any loss sounds.

good luck :\

On a related note....

I tried to get a custom hit-sound from FPSBanana and it didn't work. Anybody had success dealing with these? I hate the DING but love the concept. I specifically tried to get the Quake3 hit sound.

Can I get detailed instructions on how to change this?

check out post 7 on this thread

http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/forums/thread/422045/

Reviews
    0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Stat Links

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Keiron03 XFIRE ID: keiron03 Steam ID: Keiron03

Quote Originally Posted by Consultant View Post
    On a related note....

I tried to get a custom hit-sound from FPSBanana and it didn't work. Anybody had success dealing with these? I hate the DING but love the concept. I specifically tried to get the Quake3 hit sound.

Can I get detailed instructions on how to change this?
    I don't use it for this reason. The sound is just annoying, especially if you are a Pyro or a Heavy with weapons that fire quickly and get a lot of hits.

Plus, to me it seems more so a little like cheating since you can spam ammo from various locations and find someone by the sound it makes, which is pretty lame if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Coors View Post
    check out post 7 on this thread

http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/forums/thread/422045/
    Ahhh, autoexec.cfg..... I was messing with config.cfg.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiron View Post
    I don't use it for this reason. The sound is just annoying, especially if you are a Pyro or a Heavy with weapons that fire quickly and get a lot of hits.

Plus, to me it seems more so a little like cheating since you can spam ammo from various locations and find someone by the sound it makes, which is pretty lame if you ask me.
    Only for demos, really....everybody else is pretty much direct fire...i guess soldiers can fire at doorways and hear the "ding" and know there is somebody there waiting for them...w/e.

Cant really consider it cheating if everybody can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiron View Post

I take it you have never played quake with the glorius hitsounds. Which tf is from.

For comparisons sake looking at a radar in CSS or BF2 to kill an enemy is way more of a cheat imo. Its a wallhack.

Sniper arrows have their own "Thwump" sound, and generally, you can hear the screams if someone gets hit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information